Published August 4, 2020, by Admin
Position: Programme Manager
Duration: 5 months (starting ASAP)
This pilot programme will see a consortium of partners unite to deliver a COVID-19 response programme, focussed on food security and community engagement. The pilot will implement a two-pronged approach; a digital food voucher distribution intervention through informal food traders coupled with the Champion Model, a community engagement methodology. The approaches mentioned will be refined during the formative assessment, and will be based on the following objectives:
- To provide an appropriate emergency response to meet immediate food and information needs of the most vulnerable people affected by COVID-19
- To pilot the “Champion Model” to support two-way communications and real time information sharing
- To amplify community voices through available and appropriate platforms
- To increase community resistance to shocks and overall pandemic preparedness
The Programme Manager will support each phase of the pilot, ensuring efficient administrative and logistical set up, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). To do this, the Programme Manager will work closely with colleagues from Mthunzi Network, the Centre of Excellence in Food Security at the University of the Western Cape (UWC), the Kolisi Foundation, and the Pandemic Action Network. The Programme Manager will be jointly supervised by the Associate Director, Public Health at the Pandemic Action Network, and the Interim CEO of Mthunzi Network.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintain excellent communication between partners to ensure efficient planning and implementation of activities
- With support from project leads, and using pre-defined criteria, lead the recruitment of Champions
- Support the design of training and lead on training delivery to Champions
- Provide implementation support and trouble-shooting advice to Champions throughout the implementation phase, including the facilitation of weekly check-ins and monitoring of WhatsApp group
- Working closely with colleagues at the Centre of Excellence in Food Security and the Pandemic Action Network, support the design and implementation of mixed-methods research and evaluation studies
- Support M&E data collection, by liaising with partners to enable timely submission of data
- Work with Research Assistants to secure necessary permission from the communities in which the assessments will be conducted
- Support coordination of national level media opportunities
- Plan and manage all aspects of finance, administration and logistics to ensure effective planning and smooth implementation
- 5+ years of programme management experience, ideally for an NGO working on health programming
- Experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative research for health or social programming / outcomes
- Willingness to adhere to current government guidelines throughout programme implementation
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Xhosa. Written and verbal fluency in Afrikaans is desirable.
Given the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, candidates must have their own laptop and access to good internet at home. In addition, candidates must have access to their own transport to conduct community visits, when safe and feasible.
As this is an urgent recruitment, applicants are requested to submit applications by 12 August 2020. Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter outlining their relevant skills and experience, to Michael.Buggle@evokegroup.com stating their earliest availability for employment.